Risk Assessment: My promise to you
I have completed a risk assessment to ensure Government Guidelines and Professional Body Guidelines are being adhered to. This will include:
- Before my clinic opens my clinic will be thoroughly cleaned. This will include all surfaces, door handles, furniture and equipment in the room.
- The clinic contains bare essentials meaning only towels and sundries needed for the current treatment are out.
- Towels and bedding will be washed after each client at 60 degrees, dried and then stored in an airtight box.
- Appointments will be spaced one hour apart to ensure clients don’t meet each and to allow for cleaning.
- Between each client a full clean will take place.
- An automatic hand sanitiser is situated at the entrance and should be used when entering or leaving.
- I’ll wear a visor and mask for all treatments as stated by my professional bodies and government guidelines.
- Payment should be made via contactless card machine or online before the appointment.
- If I have symptoms of Covid 19 I will contact you and re-schedule your appointment.
- If I am told to self-isolate I will contact you and re-schedule your appointment.
- Treatment times will be restricted to one hour which means single treatment appointment for the foreseeable future.
- For treatments which are considered high risk, e.g. facials, I will wear a visor and a Type 2 facemask. There will be increased hand washing / sanitising before and after the treatment.
- I will be operating an appointment only system.
- If you need a tissue I can provide these but will give you a small packet to take away with you.
- The number of appointments I have each day will be limited to ensure all cleaning and hygiene measures are implemented.
- All rubbish will be double bagged and disposed of.
- If an item can’t be washed at 60 degrees or sterilised (e.g. mask brush) I will use disposable, one use items.
What you can do:
- Please wear a mask when you arrive for your appointment. This needs to be worn throughout your treatment unless the treatment means it needs to be removed e.g. facials.
- Please don’t arrive before your appointment time as I may still be preparing the clinic for your treatment.
- I will contact you the day before your appointment so you can complete a Covid 19 questionnaire to ensure your treatment can go ahead. This will include questions such as whether you have symptoms or have been near anyone with symptoms, whether you have recently returned from a holiday destination that requires you to quarantine for 2 weeks and will also record your details in case track and trace contacts me.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on your arrival to my clinic.
- I can not provide drinks so please bring a bottle of water if you would like a drink after your treatment.
- Please respect social distancing where possible.
- Please pay for your treatment via contactless card machine or if this is not possible then please discuss this via telephone before your appointment.
- Do you have any symptoms of covid-19 such as a new, continuous cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, a rash on your feel? Please contact me to re-schedule your appointment if your answer is yes.
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has covid-19 symptoms or has Covid-19? Please contact me to re-schedule your appointment if your answer is yes.
- Are you awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test? Contact me to re-schedule your appointment for after you have received your results.
If you are in any doubt regarding your appointment please don’t hesitate to contact me. If you need to cancel for any reason please be assured that there is no charge for late cancellation at this time.
About Lucy Dempster – Holistic Therapist